Nextdoor is a social networking service for neighborhoods. This application can be good for users to know more of what is going on in their area and for business owners to find potential clients in their area that seek out recommendations for services the business owner offers.
Like any other platforms the emails can get out of hand. Here are quick instructions on reducing some of these emails.
- Click underneath your profile icon and select settings.
- Select Notifications option on the left.
- Select the items you would prefer to turn off.
Are you receiving too many emails from LinkedIn? Want to minimize these messages? A few clicks and your email preferences can be adjusted on LinkedIn to either eliminate these emails or change the frequency on how many times you are receiving them.
To manage types and frequency of email:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the drop down.
- Click the Communications tab at the top of the page.
- Under the Channels section, click Change next to Email frequency.
Remove check from complete categories you wish not to receive mails from .
Or take off check specific areas from each category you would like to not receive emails from.
Or the frequency can be adjusted.
If planning to eliminate emails, be sure that your LinkedIn profile is being checked frequently.
Looking for a plan of action for your next e-mail campaign? Here are a few tips to get started on creating clear message.
- Consider your Headline. What are you offering?
- Figure out the Message for the body of the e-mail. How will it help the reader?
- Have a Call to action. What should the subscriber do next?
Content Blue Marker
TinyURL is a URL shortening service that allows users to convert long web addresses into short, easy-to-remember ones. The reduced character count makes these short URLs perfect for posting on services such as Twitter that allow only a certain number of characters per message. Or can be used to make a post look more crisp. By entering in a URL in the text field,users will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires. TinyURL was created as a free service to make posting long URLs easier, and may only be used for actual URLs.
There are a variety of career tools available to help with professional development.
• Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) – The OOH can help find career information on duties, education, and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
• O*NET Online – O*NET Online is a tool for career development and job analysis with detailed descriptions of job function, skills, education, and employment trends.
• American Business Journal Book of Lists – This resource has listings of hundreds of the hottest area companies in an assortment of fields across the United States, by ranking.
The easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen—this is what the Microsoft Snipping Tool does. Use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or recipes.
Capture all or part of your PC screen, add notes, save the snip, or email it from the Snipping Tool window. You can capture any of the following types of snips:
- Free-form snip. Draw a free-form shape around an object.
- Rectangular snip. Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
- Window snip. Select a window, such as a browser window or dialog box, that you want to capture.
- Full-screen snip. Capture the entire screen.
After you capture a snip, it’s automatically copied to the Snipping Tool window. From there you can annotate, save, or share the snip.
Find out exactly how to use Snipping Tool HERE.
With over 1,000,000 meaningful relationships already established, Alignable is an online network exclusively for local business owners. Alignable members establish a personalized core network of trusted industry peers who align with their goals, needs and target customer base.
Alignable is active in over 8,000 communities. Members have the opportunity to meet fellow business owners nearby, network, generate customer referrals, co-promote, ask questions and benefit from word-of-mouth marketing through discussions and knowledge sharing.
Business owners have the opportunity to connect in their community for free on Alignable by:
- Networking: Connect with the business owners in your community you want to meet with.
- Word of Mouth: Increase local awareness for business by sharing promotions, events and content.
- Referrals: Get more referrals by building trusted relationships with local business owners nearby.
Levo is a network for millennials in the workplace. The company provides young professionals with resources to help them navigate and advance their careers. Levo grants its members digital access to mentors, a community of professionals, job postings, and live chats with prominent business role models.
Another way to get involved is Levo provides Topic of the Day, a new discussion every day to inspire, inform, and share your passions with fellow Levo members. Members can join the conversation and become an active member of the Levo community!
Levo Courses offer a complete toolkit designed to help find a career to love. Each guide offers coaching exercises, videos, and worksheets to get you the ultimate results—a job and career path to be passionate about.
Office Hours is a series of conversations with extraordinary leaders. It grants visitors exclusive inside look into the career path, lessons learned, and personal advice from top mentors and experts through videos that may be accessed through the site.
Like any other social platform, it is all about engagement. Be sure to connect, view profiles, follow, and private message other users on Levo.
When someone opens your company’s marketing campaign e-mail, there are certain key elements that should be included to drive brand awareness and increase sales. Here are the top four fundamentals that should be considered:
1. Logo and colors are going to be the first things to stand out.
Use these design elements consistently so your email contacts easily recognize your brand.
Make sure to use an image that supports the purpose of your email message and is high resolution.
Design your text in a way that catches the reader’s attention. quickly. When people read online or on a mobile device, they typically scan the content before they read it.
Be sure to tell your readers what they should do next. You may want your readers to visit a specific page on your website, call your store, or redeem a coupon. The message body should contain 3-5 sentences about why they should act on your call-to-action button.