Want to get started on selling your product before creating a more complex web site? Sett up a full e-commerce store can be created on a Square account and connected to Mailchimp. This can be a less costly and flexible solution to building a web site. Just design a beautiful, branded landing page in Mailchimp, and start showcasing your product.
Mailchimp’s free landing page builder makes it easy to design and publish customized landing pages that work for some business or is temporary solution before building a more complex WordPress web site. There are many pre-designed templates to choose from or select a basic layout to have a look different from the templates. Select colors, add images, and be sure to include call to actions. Add payment options directly to your landing page for quick, easy way to sell a special item and run targeted promotions. Create a consistent brand experience across all of your sales and marketing touch points.
Tags are labels or categories you can create on Mailchimp to help organize your contacts based on information the organizer has to communicate in a more customized way depending on who is on your list and different results.
Tags took the place of previously segmented list created in Mailchimp. For the segmented list already created static, Mailchimp has automatically converted them to tags for users. These can be found on the Tags page in audience section.
Tags are built for use of internal audience organization. Contacts should be directed to use groups first and then tagging can be applied.
Tags can be completely customized to be used however needed. There is an option to create a comprehensive tagging structure to organize all contacts, or a few tags can be added to identify some key contacts. Automation can also be created that triggers when a specific tag is added to a contact.
There are a few ways to work with tags. Tags can be created and then add tags from the contact table, individually from a contact’s profile, or from the Tags page in audience section of Mailchimp. Contacts can be imported and then a tag added to the entire import, or a tag added when a single subscriber added.
The important part is to have a clear strategy before getting started on how tagging will help and which tags to use. If needing assistance, contact someone that can best advise you on creating the ideal plan to move forward.
Whether you have just one person that tells you they would like to receive updates from you or a list of contacts, here are quick ways to have them added to your Mailchimp audience list:
1. One way is to lead them to your web site so that they can sign up themselves with a simple follow up email. This will help with your web site SEO as you will have a new visitor that may even visit other areas of your site and take an action.
2. If adding one contact, click on Audience and then Manage Audience. Select “Add a subscriber”.
3. If wanting to import contacts, simply select that option. Create spread sheet with First Name, Last Name, and Email on the list. Save as CSV.
Nextdoor is a social networking service for neighborhoods. This application can be good for users to know more of what is going on in their area and for business owners to find potential clients in their area that seek out recommendations for services the business owner offers.
Like any other platforms the emails can get out of hand. Here are quick instructions on reducing some of these emails.
- Click underneath your profile icon and select settings.
- Select Notifications option on the left.
- Select the items you would prefer to turn off.
Are you receiving too many emails from LinkedIn? Want to minimize these messages? A few clicks and your email preferences can be adjusted on LinkedIn to either eliminate these emails or change the frequency on how many times you are receiving them.
To manage types and frequency of email:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the drop down.
- Click the Communications tab at the top of the page.
- Under the Channels section, click Change next to Email frequency.
Remove check from complete categories you wish not to receive mails from .
Or take off check specific areas from each category you would like to not receive emails from.
Or the frequency can be adjusted.
If planning to eliminate emails, be sure that your LinkedIn profile is being checked frequently.
Looking for a plan of action for your next e-mail campaign? Here are a few tips to get started on creating clear message.
- Consider your Headline. What are you offering?
- Figure out the Message for the body of the e-mail. How will it help the reader?
- Have a Call to action. What should the subscriber do next?
Content Blue Marker
TinyURL is a URL shortening service that allows users to convert long web addresses into short, easy-to-remember ones. The reduced character count makes these short URLs perfect for posting on services such as Twitter that allow only a certain number of characters per message. Or can be used to make a post look more crisp. By entering in a URL in the text field,users will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires. TinyURL was created as a free service to make posting long URLs easier, and may only be used for actual URLs.
There are a variety of career tools available to help with professional development.
• Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) – The OOH can help find career information on duties, education, and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
• O*NET Online – O*NET Online is a tool for career development and job analysis with detailed descriptions of job function, skills, education, and employment trends.
• American Business Journal Book of Lists – This resource has listings of hundreds of the hottest area companies in an assortment of fields across the United States, by ranking.
The easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen—this is what the Microsoft Snipping Tool does. Use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or recipes.
Capture all or part of your PC screen, add notes, save the snip, or email it from the Snipping Tool window. You can capture any of the following types of snips:
- Free-form snip. Draw a free-form shape around an object.
- Rectangular snip. Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
- Window snip. Select a window, such as a browser window or dialog box, that you want to capture.
- Full-screen snip. Capture the entire screen.
After you capture a snip, it’s automatically copied to the Snipping Tool window. From there you can annotate, save, or share the snip.
Find out exactly how to use Snipping Tool HERE.