LocallyAustin.org is a tool for discovering the many locally owned, small businesses that make Austin unique. Small businesses in the Austin and surrounding areas can list themselves at no cost on the LocallyAustin.org site so that viewers are able get the local experience and support small business through Locally Austin.
Created by the City of Austin, this web site has four main features:
Browse Directory– to find out more about the small businesses, their products, and services in the area.
Coupons & Promotions– local businesses have the opportunity to list special company pricing or deals.
Small Business Resources– business resources are listed in this area; which range from local chambers to trade associations.
Tools for Business Owners – this section has the two sections that companies need to add and edit business information.
Locally Austin has improved their website and mobile app. The new design helps residents and visitors find listed businesses easier and faster. As they relaunch Locally Austin to the community, these are special tips the Small Business Program has provided by for businesses using the site:
- Keep your listings current and fresh with accurate contact information.
- The new site and app are more visual. Updating the profile picture is recommended for your business. Optimal profile image dimensions are 137 X 150 pixels.
- Revisit your profile description and spruce it up. Focus on what your business offers, but give it personality to show users the character of your business.
- Don’t forget about the coupons and promotions section where you can post any coupons or specific promotions aimed at Locally Austin users.
- Double check the keywords and categories your business is tagged with and make sure they are still relevant. This helps users find you when they are searching for a specific type of good or service within the app or website.
Small Business Saturday is coming up on November 28th! Support local small business on this day and everyday by shopping local and using www.LocallyAustin.org.
Share on social media by using #LocallyAustin #SmallBizSat #SmallBiz