Content used for your web site to social media efforts is key to successfully attracting your ideal client and having them make the decision to find out more about your services or products. These are helpful tips on considering information to use or create:
- Listen to questions you are being asked and make sure to answer in your content.
- Share information around current events or trending topics that are relevant to your industry or of interest to your customer base.
- Use keywords and focus on your expertise. Staying relevant in a specific area will help establish a niche in your industry.
- Make sure the information is of value to the reader or of interest to the reader.
- Share other resources that your ideal client may find useful.
Pulse is an area on LinkedIn where users have the opportunity to both share and read blogs about their expertise and interests while establishing their professional identity. This allows the content authors the ability to reach a wide potential audience. There are several reasons why LinkedIn users should consider posting a blog on the professional platform:
- The content is added at the top of LinkedIn professional profile in Posts section. Blogs heavy in keywords can spark interest in a specific area to a future client or employer.
- Content is shared with your connections and followers. If followers like or comment, their connections will view information in Home feed.
- Publishers can reach a different and potentially much bigger audience than just their connections on LinkedIn. Viewers not in your network can opt to follow you to receive updates when you publish next.
- The information is searchable both on and off of LinkedIn.
- Information creators can increase web site traffic by guiding readers to continue reading through a direct link to site with an action.
*** Make use of LinkedIn analytics tool for publishing platform. This tool allows authors to better track traffic that their posts receive to gage which topics are of most interest.