Nextdoor is a social networking service for neighborhoods. This application can be good for users to know more of what is going on in their area and for business owners to find potential clients in their area that seek out recommendations for services the business owner offers.
Like any other platforms the emails can get out of hand. Here are quick instructions on reducing some of these emails.
- Click underneath your profile icon and select settings.
- Select Notifications option on the left.
- Select the items you would prefer to turn off.
Are you receiving too many emails from LinkedIn? Want to minimize these messages? A few clicks and your email preferences can be adjusted on LinkedIn to either eliminate these emails or change the frequency on how many times you are receiving them.
To manage types and frequency of email:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Settings & Privacy from the drop down.
- Click the Communications tab at the top of the page.
- Under the Channels section, click Change next to Email frequency.
Remove check from complete categories you wish not to receive mails from .
Or take off check specific areas from each category you would like to not receive emails from.
Or the frequency can be adjusted.
If planning to eliminate emails, be sure that your LinkedIn profile is being checked frequently.
Not wanting the person at the other end of your e-mail to receive a 11:30 PM message, because you have choosing this night to stay up late to clear your inbox? Worse, you do want the receiver to think you will be ready to respond at this time, because you were the creator of the first message and now have created a vicious cycle. How about the etiquette of disturbing the email recipient’s beauty sleep, because their phone signaled an incoming message? Adding Boomerang to your Gmail lets you to take control of when you send and receive email messages. With Boomerang, you can write an email now and schedule it to be sent automatically at a desired time. Write the message, then click the Send Later button.
More reasons for using this handy feature:
- Use Boomerang to take messages out of your inbox until you actually need them. Just click the Boomerang button when you have an email open, and choose when you need it again. Boomerang will archive your message. At the time you choose, Boomerang will bring back the message to your inbox, marked unread, starred or even at the top of your message list.
- There are times you need to make sure you follow up within a specific time frame after sending a message. This tools allows you to select to only be reminded if nobody replies, or regardless. This way you won’t let messages slip through the cracks and will help to remember to follow up with people.
- Boomerang helps users communicate with people in different time zones.
- Schedule birthday/holiday notes when you have time to write them.
There has been much discussion by users of Facebook on the algorithms for how posts are seen by few viewers for accounts that are not paying for social media platform’s marketing program. Despite the decrease in organic reach, Facebook is one of the best ways to make a great first impression on potential customers and there are several opportunities to move the right audience to a more focused e-mail list. Here are a few features that can be implemented with little effort :
Use the Facebook Call to Action Button
Facebook fan page has a call-to-action feature, a button which appears right next to the “Like” button on the cover photo and is another great way to encourage email sign-ups. Add the “Sign Up” button and link to your online sign-up form so your Facebook visitors can join your mailing list easily.
Share your newsletters on the Facebook Fan Page
Give your Facebook fans the opportunity to view the great content your newsletter has to offer. Make sure to add subscribe option to the mail out.
Add Social Share to the Newsletter
This feature allows viewers of the email newsletters to share on their social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.