Expo Mujer TX (Tx Woman Expo) will debut in Austin on February 22nd at the Austin Marriott South with a day full of surprises. There will be cooking workshops, personal enrichment seminars, fashion shows, beauty products, and everything else a woman would like more information about. MUNDU Media, LLC will be on hand talking about why an online strategy is necessary.
Find us at Expo Mujer and view the list of dynamic speakers here.
Expo Mujer TX debuta en Austin este 22 de Febrero en el Autin Marriot Sur con un dia lleno sorpresas. Alli encontrarás talleres de cocina, conferencias de superación personal y profesional, desfile de modas, productos de belleza y todo lo que a una mujer le gustaría saber. MUNDU Media LLC estará disponible para hablar de la necesidad de tener una estrategia de marketing online.
Busca MUNDU Media en Expo Mujer y consulta la lista de conferencistas aquí.
Want to get your online presence to the next level, but haven’t found time to work on your to-do list? Attended web marketing workshops, but can’t get inspiration to accomplish the steps on your notes? You are not alone! It is very common for marketing initiatives to get lost in the shuffle, after business owners go back to their busy office.
Find motivation by: Working on Accountability with Non-negotiable Time so your actions will rise above the excuses by joining W.A.N.T. regularly.
- Attendees will see consistent progress by taking the time to work in each session on their web projects ranging from establishing newsletters, content creation, social media platforms, research, and other projects.
- Initiate your online marketing by implementing what you already know you need to do to succeed with encouragement, guidance, and a resource to ask questions from a professional in a focused environment.
- Increase creativity by being surrounded by professionals that are looking to acquire a more accountable mindset.
Turn intent to action to achieve your WANT results! Email email@example.com for session times and questions.
For the 4th year in a row, the Economic Growth Business Incubator (EGBI) will share a night with friends and supporters to celebrate a remarkable year and their clients’ accomplishments at their Celebrating Success fundraiser. The 4th Annual Celebrating Success event will be on Thursday, November 13th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the For the City Center (500 E St Johns Ave, Austin, TX 78752). It is the time to experience how EGBI is changing lives and contributing to the economic development of our region by assisting entrepreneurs in starting businesses and creating jobs.
Economic Growth Business Incubator (EGBI) provides emerging and existing businesses led primarily by historically economically disadvantaged community members of the Greater Austin area the tools to establish and grow their business through education, business plan assistance, and consulting. Their focus is the creation and nurture of enterprises that become a vital part of the community and make an impact to the local economy as a whole. Whether area entrepreneurs want to start a business or take your small business to the next level, EGBI is a great resource. EGBI has a unique approach to entrepreneurial incubation – all-inclusive training, pre-launch education, post-launch support, Spanish support, and office space. EGBI strive to be a one-stop shop for your emerging, growth-oriented enterprise.
MUNDU Media’s founder, Monica Peña, is proud to be named Economic Growth Business Incubator’s 2014 Volunteer of the Year for being one of their most reliable volunteers by sharing her time and talent volunteering as class instructor. She has represented EGBI and promotes their services at various community events. Join EGBI at their annual fundraiser on November 13th as we celebrate success!
For more information on EGBI or the event, visit: http://www.egbi.org
By: Monica Peña (@MUNDUmedia.com)
As more consumers are looking online to decide for providers of service or product, companies must take control of their online reputation. Some considerations to keep in mind to ensure you are building the best name for your business are:
- Goal set on how often to search online conversations about your company and on sites that may have new company reviews like Yelp, City Search, etc. Check social media sites that comments about the company can be added.
- Set up and make sure to correct any online information that may be outdated or can be improved.
- Actively seek out recommendations from satisfied customers by adding review site icons and live links to your company’s web site, newsletter, and/or any other communication.
- Do not be detoured by bad reviews. Criticism may reveal places in your business that can be improved. The smart consumer will be wise enough to recognize that at times a company will come across difficult customers that will never be pleased. Having several great reviews will distract attention from the negativity.
Enhance your business page on Yelp
Yelp operates as an online local guide that consumers can add reviews about their experiences with businesses. Yelp has many features that companies are not taking full advantage of:
- Claim your business and make sure all contact information is accurate.
- Add web site link to business profile.
- Complement and allow your business profile to stand out with pictures of previous jobs.
- List the company’s specialties with the use of key words.
- Explain the history of the company to help prove expertise.
- Give a face and personality for the consumer to relate to by adding information about the company’s owner.
By: Monica Peña (@MUNDUmedia)
E-mail marketing is a great way to build loyalty, trust, and/or brand awareness. If used correctly, sending e-mail messages will cultivate long lasting relationships of a merchant with its current or previous customers, encourage customer loyalty, communicate updates on new products/services, and help create repeat business.
Tips to getting started with your online marketing or to improve an existing campaign are:
- It is important to use an e-mail marketing provider, so that there is an opt-out option.
- Add sign up form on your web site so that your contacts have the option to sign up to receive your information. Let potential subscribers know what and how often information will be shared.
- Remember branding and make sure to add your company’s logo prominently on each communication.
- Follow a certain format or theme so that contacts can easily find information and for branding.
- Stay relevant and current with shared information. Remember e-mails are an extension of your customer service. Think about answering your customer questions, new offerings, or what information they most want to know about.
- Use images when possible to make the newsletter visually appealing. Short and to the point with message e-mails are the most popular.
- Add “Send to Friend” option as a way for interested readers to easily forward the information to their contacts.
- Include social share features and add newsletter to updates on social media sites.
- Segment your list when possible to customize communication for a certain purpose to a particular group of viewers.
- Reroute readers to your web site for search engine optimization (SEO) perks and call to action purposes.
- Check analytics to see which links have been clicked through or what information is the most popular. Evaluating results helps the correspondence get better each time.
By: Monica Peña (@MUNDUmedia)
The TAMACC Annual Convention and Business Expo is one of the largest gatherings of Hispanic business owners in the state. The three day convention in Houston, Texas is organized to provide business and networking opportunities to Hispanic Chambers, statewide organizations, and business leaders from across the state of Texas.
Convention participants will be able to grow their businesses by taking advantage of procurement opportunities, training and technical assistance workshops. If your business is not Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) certified to do business with the state of Texas, there will be representatives from state universities, federal and state agencies to educate you on opportunities and best practices of doing business with the state or fortune 500 Corporations. There will be people available to assist in the process of completing the certifications. If planning on participating in the Procurement Round table, make sure to register at no cost: https://tamacc.mybusinessmatches.com/
In addition to the Business Expo and Matchmaking Roundtables, Convention will have workshops that include topics: Mastering Your Memory, Mobile Productivity, The Power of E-mail Marketing for Small Business Owners and Entrepreneurs, The Executive Entrepreneur Program, Art and Science of Good Health Care, and more. I will be presenting on Building a Positive Online Professional Reputation. For a free convention pass for TAMACC Business Expo, Convention Workshops, and Panels at the annual conference register at: http://tamacc38.eventbrite.com/ . This doesn’t include any ticketed or meal events.
The convention will be packed with receptions, activities and fun events. For the event itinerary; including Latina Empowerment Luncheon and Chairman’s Gala & Awards Banquet visit: http://tamacc.org/events/2013-convention-itinerary/
The event hashtag is #TAMACC38 if wanting to interact with attendees via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Google Plus. Tickets to the event are still available at: http://tinyurl.com/odeaasl
By: Monica Peña (@MUNDUmedia)
This year’s 2013 Celebrando recognized four decades of the Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GAHCC) serving Austin Hispanic business community and standing by its mission to build members’ wealth.
Since its establishment in 1973, the GAHCC’s primary goal is to continue the advancement and progression of a strong and stable economic culture for Hispanic businesses. The Chamber strives to reach these goals by developing business, management skills and bridging access to financial capital while maintaining our cultural values and integrity. Led by successful business people and community leaders, the GAHCC is a tremendous business resource for entrepreneurs, professionals, and corporations of any size that impacts five counties in the Greater Austin area. The organization supports these initiatives through summits and seminars in topics of employment law, regulations, and access to capital. The Chamber also initiated healthy workforce programs for small business to provide good health for their employees. Today the Chamber has 1,000 active members representing corporations, small businesses, nonprofit, and governmental agencies.
It was truly an honor to be recognized as Volunteer of the Year at the Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce’s Celebrando 40 year commemorative Gala, a long side other individuals and organizations that have shown an active commitment to the local business community.
“The eight individuals and organizations recognized at Celebrando have shown active commitment to the growth of Hispanic business, as well as to the economic development of the local business community,” said Andy Martinez, president/CEO, GAHCC. “The GAHCC is honored to recognize the award winners for their unwavering commitment to excellence.”