Cultivating a well-established e-mail list is the number one asset for a company when marketing services/products as the communication is to a focused audience interested in that specific subject. With the right plan of action and messaging, a company can continue to stay connected while growing their customer base. Here are some tips on accomplishing this:
- Create convenient ways for potential readers to join the list. Having a tablet, sign-up sheet, fish bowl, and producing QR codes are easy ways to make this happen.
- Train sales associates to verbally explain to clients how the company keeps them informed with the periodic communication and the benefits.
- Have raving fans of your services/products on the list gives an opportunity for your company to come up in others conversation. Don’t forget to include family and friends that may be the most supportive and frequent opt to forward the information.
- Include online sign up options on social platforms as well as Facebook call-to-action feature, add link to bios on sites, and web sites.
- Don’t forget the potential of existing readers by encouraging them to forward, add share buttons, sign up feature, or share the e-mail to potential new subscribers.
- New contacts from attending events, being a speaker, or a sponsor can be sources for the valuable information shared. Partner with noncompeting businesses to grow circle of influence.
- Maintain readers already on the list by having useful content. Simple and concise content performs the best in today’s mobile-dominated world. Messages with 5-7 links tend to perform well and add pictures for visual appeal.