By: Monica Peña (@MUNDUmedia)
As it is important to attend a professional event looking prepared, professional, and groomed, it is equally as important to be appealing on line. Often times, colleagues or potential clients will want to connect on social sites. Most importantly the ones trying to make a decision on whether to use your product/services will do an on-line search of your name and company. A few items to consider:
- Is your web site inviting and concise. Are your social media sites being used as an extension of this flow of information?
- Invest in a logo that will stand out and have a clear tag line that embraces what it is that you offer. Many times these are the first impressions of your company that is seen.
- Make sure your blogs are informative as well as spaced correctly, bold information if need be to gage importance, or use a variation of font.
- Correct punctuation can make your company stand out, where others are not making use of it.
- On-line interactions, including e-mails, can tell a lot about a person’s professionalism. The gesture of simply thanking someone can go a long way in creating your company’s image with someone.
- Make sure to do a search on your own company and self to be aware of what others are seeing. Google Alerts is a great way to keep up with your on-line reputation.