The headline on your LinkedIn account is a short text below your name in the introduction section on your profile. It may be short but can make a big difference on whether someone takes extra time to find out about you. Find out more about what makes the headline on your LinkedIn account so important below:
- Your LinkedIn headline appears in Google search results. Google picks up this short description and displays it. If you Google your name, your LinkedIn profile and this description will come up.
- It may be the first description someone reads about you and you want to make a great first impressions.
- When you ask to make a new connection, most of the time this is what the person first notices about you.
- Use the headline to further brand yourself.
- Its a quick way to encourage people to click on your profile.
Now that you know your headline on your LinkedIn Profile is important, find out how to create the right one.