Find yourself staring at your computer screen with no words or ideas to create a single blog? Have your blog goals taking a turn to a deep dark abyss? I have good news so do not despair. Inspiration is hiding all around you just waiting for good content to be discovered. Here are a few tips to get your motivation flowing:
Start with your passion! Why do you do what you do? Share your journey and how did you get to where are you now. Reflecting and writing about your progress will surely ignite new motivation for what you do with winning content.
Search for continuing education in your field. Learning new tricks to your trade will create excitement with fresh content to share with your audience that is sure to highlight your expertise and you may just discover a niche in your industry.
Take a break. Sometimes we find clarity with just stepping away. Consider going on a trip to gain renewed insight within or explore the roots of your career choice.
Austin’s a great city for small business. Economic Growth Business Incubator (EGBI) embraces the spirit by bringing historically under-served individuals support to help make them successful business owners. That includes training, coaching and more, delivered in a comfortable environment in either English or Spanish. Staff meet with clients at their individual level as they start, grow and sustain grassroots businesses, contributing to Austin’s economy and the prosperity of their families.
MUNDU Media, LLC was pleased to help EGBI extend Austin’s entrepreneurial opportunity throughout the community by having founder, Monica Peña teach the website and social media class.
Are you looking for the easiest way to send Christmas invitations this season? There are several virtual web service solutions to consider with free options that will allow potential guest to receive one-of-a-kind invitations. These resources feature tracking, maps, and reminders for party organizers.
Yelp introduces three new features to their crowd-sourced review site for local businesses:
Yelfie- Yelp users now have an opportunity to take a check-in photo when visiting a business on Yelp. The camera then flips or reverses so the user can take a picture of themselves. This information, along with the business name and the user’s rating of that business can be shared on social media.
Shareable Bookmark Collections- On October of 2016, Yelp introduced bookmark collections allowing users to curate and organize their own lists of businesses on the platform. Yelp is now allowing users to share these bookmark collections with other users by tapping the “share” icon.
AI-Driven Business Images- Yelp has started leveraging AL and machine learning to help identify the best of the more than 100,000 photos that are being uploaded to Yelp every day to appear on business pages. According to Yelp. “Over the past year, we’ve done extensive evaluation and analysis to improve the quality of the photos shown at the top of each business page.”
LinkedIn ProFinder program is designed to help freelance and independent marketers find new clients by meeting the qualifications. LinkedIn members interested in the freelancer’s services will make a request for services they need. Once LinkedIn’s algorithm finds a request that matches the expertise, an email with a proposal request will be sent out for services. Profinders goal is to get the person requesting services up to five responses from highly qualified, local professionals within 48 hours of request submission.
Requests are brief and specific:
Responses need to be timely and professional with a competitive price range for the service requested. The range may change once more details are communicated on the project. The initial response will serve as a reference for the base of the cost of services. Once the proposal is submitted, it will be shared and linked to your LinkedIn ProFinder profile.
Include next steps in your response, such as scheduling a phone call or an in person meeting. Any questions for the potential customer should also be included in the response. Before hitting send, reread your message paying additional attention to spelling and grammar. It is recommended to use spell check to double check.
The client may be evaluating up to 5 offers, so make sure your response stands out and reevaluate and adjust your profile periodically.
Don’t like to write and have considered video blogging instead? Created a YouTube video and don’t know how to add it your WordPress blog? Just have a trendy video that will fit well with the rest of your web site’s blog content? Here are the simple steps to embed video onto your blog page:
First go to the video’s YouTube page.
Click on the Embed option. This is the embedded code you will need to add to your blog later in the instructions.
Go to the page where you add new posts to your WordPress web site. Add your text and decide where you want your video to be added. Click in that area.
Switch to text option and add embedded code to the area you want your video to be added.
Go back to Visual option and then click to Preview your blog . The video will appear.
The best way to be consistent with your Facebook business page’s activities is to set time aside to pre-schedule your updates. Facebook algorithms are not friendly to third party pre-scheduling applications. By using a third party application like Hootsuite, most likely your audience will not see the information unless they directly go into your fan page to search. Facebook does allow users to schedule their post directly from the Business Page.
To get started strategize on content, pattern, and quantity of post.
Start creating your post at the top of your Business Page’s Timeline. Click next to Publish and select Schedule.
Below Publication, select the date and time when you want the post to publish. Click Schedule.
The page will show how many post have been scheduled with the option to view.
Be sure to monitor the success of your efforts by viewing the Insights section. Adjust posted times and subject depending on the outcome.
New bloggers often feel frustrated or question if taking the time to write these articles are worth the effort. The answer is yes! Don’t give up! Blog creation helps add fresh content on a web site (which helps with search engine optimization) and establish a fanbase that is sure to convert readers to ideal clients.
Keep these 6 tips in mind when exploring the content that is sure to magnetize readers to your site:
- Do research on how to speak to your ideal client and what they are interested in. Check out what type of information that market is sharing on social sites.
- Be timely. Tying your information to current events, seasons, and holidays will make your knowledge shared show up higher on a Google search.
- Be a top contributor with your industry news. Leverage the power of industry leaders and align yourself with them.
- Your content establishes history for your company’s activities. Include collaborating groups and people in stories about your organization. After writing a blog that mentions others, I send the organization or person the link with a quick note. Most often than not, they will share the information on their social media sites and even at times through their e-mail list.
- There are forums and communities all over the web that target readers around a particular topic in large numbers. These are a goldmine for finding out exactly how to help and connect to an ideal audience.
- Don’t forget to use keywords in content, meta tags for pictures, and tags on blogs .
Segmenting your newsletter means breaking the list of your subscribers into separate sub lists. When asked whether to have more than one list or not, my answer will always go towards the strategy that takes the least amount of work with the most impact. The quickest way to reach a targeted audience online is through e-mail marketing. Decide how important it is to break up your list with your company’s future goals in mind. A well thought out plan will save on efforts for years to come.
List segmentation allows a marketer to target the messaging based on the readers’ interest and needs. Consider how to make the e-mail campaigns more relevant and write to those audiences. By categorizing your audience based on their specific interests provide value to each separate audience. List can also be separated by location and frequency of communication.
Dividing your list of subscribers has been found to increase engagement and overall performance of email campaigns. Successfully connecting with the correct audience is the first step to many other benefits, such as getting more email newsletters opened and ultimately inspiring more consumer action.
MailChimp, one of the leading e-mail marketing services, found that segmented campaigns had:
- Opens 14.444% better than the list average
- Clicks 14.994% better than the list average
- Bounces 0.803% better than the list average
Creating and presenting workshops is a great way to showcase your industry knowledge and experiences. Putting systems in place to reach out to the correct audience is the next step to reaching success.
12 steps to reaching your ideal attendees and having them take action:
- Create a title that is sure to catch their attention and add a description that meets a need of this group. Focus on your audience.
- Make sure to give an incentive to encourage early registration.
- Add an event or calendar page on your web site with keywords.
- Create a persuasive blog for your next event with attractive details for the can’t-miss event.
- Adding the workshop to an event platform like Eventbrite allows for a broader reach of readers that scan these sites for such opportunities.
- Create a list of local community calendars to add the event.
- Share on social media personal and professional platforms.
- Create an e-mail campaign.
- Contribute information to online discussion platforms like Nextdoor, LinkedIn Groups, Meetup, and etc.
- If you give a presentation through another group during the promotional period, share workshop registration information verbally and follow up with a personalized e-mail to those that were interested.
- Write a press release and send to the media.
Don’t stop marketing the event until the day of the event or until it is sold out!